Serve hot or cold. Chicken drumsticks, basted in a molasses mustard and red pepper jelly (you decide the heat) glaze, rolled in panko crumbs and baked, is a flavorful way to enjoy a favorite picnic food that is also great for parties; any season.
- ¼ cup molasses mustard
- ¼ cup red pepper jelly
- 1 Tbs. Mrs. Dash Caribbean seasoning
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 – 3 cups panko bread crumbs
- 5 – 6 chicken drumsticks
- Vegetable spray
- Combine mustard, pepper jelly, and seasonings in a glass pie plate or medium sized bowl.
- Add the chicken legs and coat them.
- Put panko crumbs on a large plate or a small baking sheet and pat the crumbs onto the drumsticks.
- Set the legs on an oil sprayed baking sheet. Cook at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes.
- Spray the top of the legs with a little more cooking oil and cook another 20 minutes until drumsticks are cooked and crispy.
- Remove from pan. Cool and then refrigerate covered. Serve cold.